How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Cashbackpoint (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number 2013/118782/07, (“us”/“we”) collect information about you or your actions whilst on our websites, cashbackapp.com and when using our application cashbackAPP (collectively known as the “Sites”).
The terms of this privacy notice will apply to all information collected about:
- visitors to our Sites, including registered members; and
- people who use our online services, such as those subscribing to our e-shots, newsletters or other periodical publications.
Visiting Our Sites and Using Your Data
When someone visits our Sites we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is collected anonymously and will not directly identify you.
Where analytical data is collected following your visit to our Sites, the data will be used to:
· ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· allow you to participate in the interactive features on our Sites, including reviewing and monitoring any cash back our registered members have generated.
· notify you about changes to our services or any relevant information about your membership account or cash back balance.
In the event that we require you to provide personal data, such as when you complete our enquiry form(s) or register as a member, this information will only be used to contact you in relation to the services you have requested or such other services that, in view of the information you provide to us, we feel may be of benefit to you. Any personal data will be held securely on our servers within the European Economic Area and we promise never to sell your data.
In any event, all handling or processing of any data, personal or anonymous, will be in strict compliance with the all applicable laws that govern the environment in which we operate
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or applications by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. Whilst we have sought to keep the number of cookies to a minimum, there are a number of cookies that we have elected to use when you visit the Site.
It’s not possible to display details of all the cookies both us and our cashback providers might use from time to time, however, these cookies are required to provide you with the cashback rewards you have requested. Without these cookies we are unable to track and record the transactions you have made, which means that we cannot pay cashback on these items.
Should you elect, whether through your browser settings or other method we may choose to make available through the Website, not to receive cookies, the functionality of the Website and the services provided through the Website will be limited or ineffective.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including details of cookies that have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Complaints or Queries
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In almost all circumstances we will not disclose personal data without your consent. However, when a complaint is investigated, for example, it may be necessary to share personal information with the particular organisation or governing bodies concerned. Further information is available upon request about the factors we shall consider when deciding whether information should be disclosed.
Further examples of when disclosure may be required include:
· where you have elected to utilise the interactive services and/or third party portals we offer through our Sites, disclosure may be required in order to obtain the necessary licences and consents; or
Access to information Act
Any request for access for information held about you, may be subject to a fee of $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How to Contact Us